On Thursday, the official website for Shaman King anime announced that the episode 18th and 19th have been delayed due to the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020. The 18th episode has been moved from July 29 to August 12, and the 19th episode has been moved from August 5 to August 19. The website also mentions that the timing are “subject to change”.
Shaman King anime released in Japan on April 1. The rebooted anime will closely follow Hiroyuki Takei’s classic manga series. The original anime aired between 2001-2002 with 64 episodes. The anime had an original ending which was different from the manga, due to the manga hiatus and cancellation.
Kodansha describes the anime as –
In the world of Shaman King, shamans possess mysterious powers that allow them to commune with gods, spirits, and even the dead…and Manta Oyamada’s about to learn all about them, because his class just welcomed a new transfer student: Yoh Asakura, a boy from way off in Izumo…and a shaman in training!
The staff members are:
|Audio Director||Masafumi Mima|
|Music Label / Producer||King Record|
Apart from Shaman King, NHK’s anime Twitter account revealed on that it may delay other currently airing anime as well. Here is the full list:
- WASIMO (July 26-27, August 2-3)
- Ojarumaru (July 28-30, August 4-6, September 1, September 3)
- Nintama Rantaro (July 26-30, August 2-6, September 1, September 3)
- Fushigi Dagashiya Zenitendō (July 27, August 3, August 31)
- Uchū Nanchara Kotetsu-kun (July 28, August 4, August 25, September 1)
- Major 2nd (July 28, August 4, August 25, September 1)
- Butt Detective (July 24, July 31, August 7, August 28, September 4)
- Motto! Majime ni Fumajime Kaiketsu Zorori (July 30, August 6, August 27, September 3)
- Welcome to Demon School, Iruma-kun (August 28)
- Love Live! Superstar!! (July 25, August 1, August 29)