Shaman King Reboot is coming to the OTT behemoth Netflix as confirmed by Netflix Anime YouTube. The rebooted anime will closely follow Hiroyuki Takei’s classic manga series. The original anime aired between 2001-2002 with 64 episodes. The anime had an original ending which was different from the manga, due to the manga hiatus and cancellation.
Netflix has released a new trailer for the new series. The anime is slated for release in April 1, 2021 in Japan. However, fans might have to wait a bit longer before it comes to Netflix.
Joji Furuta (Seven Deadly Sins, Saint Seiya : Soul of Gold) is going to direct the new series and Studio Bridge (Cardfight!! Vanguard G: Z) will animate it.
The series will feature returning cast members from 2001 anime including Megumi Hayashibara who will be performing the new opening and ending song. Other cast include –
- Katsuyuki Konishi as Amidamaru
- Minami Takayama as Hao Asakura
- Inuko Inuyama as Manta Oyamada
- Masahiko Tanaka as Ryunosuke Umemiya
- Yūji Ueda as Horohoro
- Yoko Soumi as Lyserg Diethel
- Nana Mizuki as Tamamura Tamao
- Takehito Koyasu as Faust VIII
- Motoko Kumai as Joco (Chocolove) McDonnell
- Michiko Neya as Tao Jun
- Yui Horie as Jeanne Tao.
- Wataru Takagi as Tokagerō
- Romi Park as Tao Ren
Shaman King reboot has now become the most anticipated series of 2021. Are you excited to see the new Shaman King?
For more anime news – ikigai POP Anime News
For more reviews – ikigai POP reviews